Triggers dispatch custom emails when specified event occurs and all conditions are matched.
Click on the Triggers link on the WordPress admin menu under Emails menu. The following list of all triggers (both active and inactive) will be displayed:
Clicking on the Title will take you to the trigger edit page.
You can hide any trigger list column by clicking on the Screen Options button and unchecking the checkboxes of the columns that you do not want to see in the list.
You can also execute some actions directly from the trigger list:
- Edit - takes to the trigger edit page
- Duplicate - creates a copy of trigger and prepends "Copy of" to the title
- Disable - disables trigger (email will not be sent)
- Trash - trashes trigger
You can filter triggers by their status using the default WordPress filter filed. To filter by a particular status, you can also click on any of the status flags next to any trigger.
You can search triggers by filling in a search field and clicking on Search Triggers. Search will be performed in title field only.
You can also search with a context. To do so, append a context keyword at the beginning of your search term followed by a colon, e.g. email:123 will search for triggers that are linked to email with ID 123 (currently only "email" context is available).
Trigger Edit Page
Clicking on trigger title or Edit link will take you to the trigger edit page:
Trigger edit page is divided into two sections:
- General trigger details - allows to configure the following properties:
- Title - trigger title (private, not displayed to customers).
- Action - online store event (usually WooCommerce event, but not necessarily) that invokes this trigger.
- Email To Send - email that will be sent automatically when defined action occurs and all conditions are matched.
- Schedule - defines when email will be sent (immediately or after some time).
- Conditions - conditions that are checked when trigger action occurs. If conditions are not matched, email will not be sent or scheduled. You can find our more about conditions in section Conditions of this documentation.
- Conditions - Scheduled - conditions that are checked when scheduled email is about to be sent. If conditions are not matched, sending will be aborted.
- Trigger actions - save, trash or change trigger status.
Below are some of the trigger actions that may be used:
- WooCommerce Cart
- Add to cart
- WooCommerce Order
- New order
- Payment complete
- Status change
- Customer note
- Refund issued
- New account
- User login
- Password reset request
- Password reset
- Role change
This list can be extended by installing other plugins that integrate with WooCommerce Email Center. This list can also be extended programmatically to accommodate any custom action that can be intercept via WordPress action or filter hook.
Even though, the list of actions does not look too long, it accommodates a great number of scenarios when combined with schedules and conditions.