Subscriptio is a WooCommerce extension that allows you to sell subscriptions. Subscriptio adds recurring payments capability to WooCommerce so you can sell products like magazine subscriptions, online memberships, e-learning packages and any other tangible or intangible products.
Both simple and variable products can be configured as subscriptions and allow you to set payment cycle, free trial length, subscription length and a setup fee. When a customer purchases a subscription, a subscription flow is started, which consists of the following actions in a chronological order:
- Order placed
- Payment received (skipped in case of trial with no setup fee)
- Subscription activated (or enters an optional trial period)
- Renewal order generated
- Payment reminders sent
- Attempt to process automatic payment (if payment gateway supports Subscriptio)
- Subscription marked as overdue (grace period; optional)
- Overdue payment reminders sent (optional)
- Subscription suspended (optional)
- Cancellation warnings sent (optional)
- Subscription cancelled if no payment is received
- Subscription expired (if not cancelled by the time maximum subscription length is reached)
Both shop managers and customers can pause and resume subscriptions as well as cancel them. However, it is possible to disable this possibility for customers. There are more configuration options like when reminders should be sent, length of the suspension period etc. Plus there are many hooks and filters for developers to use.
This plugin integrates with WooCommerce Membership (also developed by RightPress) to offer online memberships with recurring payments.